Thursday, May 1, 2008

senioritis? you can have it.

In 18 days, I'll be 18 years old.
And 18 days plus one year ago, I was at my junior prom. Celebrating my 17th birthday with amazing friends and having the time of my life. Weird thing is-- that doesn't seem like a year ago. at allll. It's insane and almost unbelievable how quickly my senior year has flown by. It seems like it's always the first of the month. I'm always flying through the weeks. One day this is due and I'm supposed to have two weeks until the next thing is due and magically-- that due date is tomorrow. I don't know. I'm not complaining that it went so quick, and that it still is going so quick. But I kind of wanted to be able to soak it all in before it was over. I mean, I love my senior year. I have the best friends ever and we have the best times together and my classes aren't that bad. All together so far, it's been an amazing last year of high school. I just wish there was more time to soak it in. And have fun before being unleashed into the "real world." But I won't lie, I really hate going to school everyday. and the homework. and waking up at 6am to sing by 715am and it's a drag. It's definitely senioritis.

Oh well. I graduate in 24 days. I still don't really want to go to the commencement ceremony but hey- I got a really cute white dress out of the deal, so that's not too bad.

1 comment:

samm said...

No prom? Hey, don't forget your life vest during your senior week outing. Be careful out there. And keep up with the blog.