Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cap & Gown

















I graduate in 83 days.

Well, I guess it might change if our teachers strike, again. (maybe, i don't know, I've heard so many things.) But honestly, I don't want to go through the whole graduation ceremony. I don't want to sit through the possibly very boring speeches given by our Valedictorian and our Salutatorian. I don't want to have to fight back tears because I'm overly emotional. And I sure as hell don't want to sing with the chorale kids because our administration thinks that's cool. Frankly, I just want to walk on stage, get my diploma, shake hands with Dr. Kepler and take a cool picture. That's it. Plain and simple. But our school doesn't let you do that. And frankly, I've weighed the option of just not attending my graduation. But I don't think my parents would let me do that. So I'm stuck between a hard place and a rock. Maybe I'll just take a coloring book on stage and do that during speeches...hmm.....

2 comments:

Noelle said...

We were called disrespectful for taking fun pictures and throwing our caps in the air at my school's ceremony, but it's a one time deal, like prom.

Faculty blows in a lot of public schools but if you can slip a crayola 16 pack up your sleeve and a fun pad, then more power to you. :)

Brittany said...

This was my graduation ceremony:
-We couldn't chew gum (I had a problem with this, I'm a compulsive gum chewer, especially when I'm nervous).
-We couldn't have our cameras with us on the field.
-It was a 'ceremony, not a celebration.' If we acted out, we didn't get our diploma.
-We actually didnt get our diplomas until after we left the field.
-Our Valedictorian's speech was slightly suicidal.

In otherwords, my graduation sucked. I don't blame you for not wanting to go to yours.