Monday, March 31, 2008

No, I'm not part of the Builder's Society.

It's ridiculous. Today I visited my guidance office to find more scholarships to fill out since the state refuses to give any money to help pay for college unless your married or have a kid. Being a smart, intelligent, really involved in school activities student gets you a measly sum worth maybe a 1/16 (if that) of your college education.

So while I was browsing around with two fellow AP English kids, I noticed that I didn't qualify for over half of the scholarships in the cabinet. For one, your parents or grandparents or uncle or something had to work for Lebanon Bologna at some point and be active and whatever. WHAT THE HECK?! That's so specific! The other's-- you had to have kidney disease in your family; be visually impaired or handicapped; want to be a teacher or something; you can sing really well and plan to pursue that profession; going to college for entrepreneur major after already owning your business. It's absurd. There aren't any out there for ordinary students that are involved in things and have good grades. And the ones left-- all the super smart kids are snatching up and they are obviously more qualified.

what gives. I just need a way to help pay for college.

=[

No comments: